Aromatherapy is a wonderfully relaxing treatment, using specific essential oils (extracted from plants) to promote physical and psychological well-being. Following a consultation your oils will be blended according to your particular needs and applied using gentle massage techniques either as a back or body massage. The inhaled aroma and absorption via the skin promotes both physiological and psychological effects.
This treatment offers a number of benefits including:
- Increasing lymphatic drainage – the bodies system for removing waste and toxins
- Reduce swelling
- Ease muscle tension and pain
- Stimulates the body’s immune system
- Reduce stress and tension
- Promote feelings of well-being
We only use the highest grade, 100% pure, certified organic oils so your body receives the maximum benefits.
After your treatment
- Try and relax after your treatment and enjoy the rest of your day with no major physical exertion. You will probably feel deeply relaxed after your session so if driving please stay alert and drive with the window open.
- For optimum benefits the oils should not be washed off the skin for a minimum of 6 hours to give them time to absorb fully.
- Massage promotes detoxification so we advise you to drink plenty of water, diluted juices or herbal teas in the 24 hours after.
- Do not consume alcohol or caffeine directly after your treatment and if possible not for 24 hours after.
- Try and eat light meals for 24 hours so not to overload your digestive system.
- Do not sunbathe directly after your treatment.